Glasgow Hotel Video Reviews Increase Website Traffic

With the advent of faster broadband speeds and video sites such as You Tube and many others, the power of video is now beginning to become apparent to both marketing professionals and potential clients alike. None of this is particularly new technology – video in various formats (tape, discs and digital) has been around for years, as has the internet. However, broadband speeds are now such that you can view a video online without the picture freezing while the download speed tries to keep up with the streaming. At Hotels.tv we have been producing online hotel video reviews for years now, and were the first major online booking agent to do so. At Hotels.tv/Glasgow we are developing the video content on our website and will in the next few months be increasing the content significantly. We do already have some videos on the site, and the amount of traffic visiting these is a high percentage of the overall traffic to visit the site. The figures are as follows:

Hotels.tv - leading the way in hotel video reviews globally

Of the number of page views to the www.hotels.tv/glasgow website main front page, 57% of viewers then viewed a hotel video review, whilst a further 29% unique users viewed the other videos on the site. That gives a total of 86% of visitors to the www.hotels.tv/glasgow website who did so and viewed a video whilst there.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hotelstv?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase

That’s a huge number who visited the website and used it as a video review site, either for a Glasgow hotel video review or a Glasgow restaurant video review, or simply as a video review about Glasgow itself.

In terms of Google searches, www.hotels.tv/glasgow is at the top of page one and indeed provides a significant percentage of listings on page one of the search “Glasgow Hotel Video Reviews”. Similarly www.hotels.tv/glasgow is near the top of page 2 of the Google search “Glasgow Hotel Reviews”.

This shows the power of hotel video reviews and there is no doubt that Hotels.tv is at the forefront of the production of hotel video reviews globally.

So what do you think about hotel video reviews? Are they a good thing? What format do you like? Does seeing an independent presenter reviewing the hotel inspire you to make a booking?

Let us know via alan.tennant@hotels.tv, Glasgow@hotels.tv or simply reply to this blog!

Comments

Powered by Facebook Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>